Tuesday

Repurposing happy mail packaging: 2 cards!


So last month I received some happy birthday mail from my bloggy pal Lizzy Hill. Her packages are always wrapped beautifully so I often repurpose the decorative bits in my projects. I mean, if you were very careful not to rip the packaging, you could use re-use each of them in its entirety. But I am totally hopeless at opening packages. Seriously. *too excited* My bestie says I need to invest in a letter opener because my opened mail always look like my dog ate part of it. Except for the fact that I do not have a dog currently. *LOL*


Repurposing-happy-mail-packaging

Sorry for the digression but let's look at card #1.

The original doiley that was part of Lizzy's design was torn so I added a heart-shaped one to extend the design and make it a little more cohesive.


I added some texture with faux pearls, twine and a button.


I also added an ice-cream sticker and a "make a wish" sentiment sticker to turn it into a birthday card. 


I used a pink card base to make it super girly. :)


Now on to card #2. This time the original doiley wasn't torn so I glued the whole piece on a card base. The doiley was a little big for my card so I glued part of it to the back of the card. 


You know me, I NEED my texture so I looped some twine and added a button and faux pearls (yep, trying to finish up my faux pearl stash).


I finished by adding a birdie sticker and a birthday sentiment.


There you have it. Repurposing happy mail packaging into 2 birthday cards that my bestie asked for. 

"Just simple ones will do, " said my bestie.
"I don't do simple." I exclaimed.

And of course, I just shamelessly built on Lizzy's original designs and sort of made them my own???*winks* Don't tell my bestie, okay? 



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

9 comments:

SD pooja said...

Your bestie and Lizzy both are going to be super happy with your cards :)

Suman Pandit said...

super cute , am sure both Lizzy and your friend will be happy ....lov your chatty posts :)

Lisa said...

They are both so gorgeous!! I love the designs of each one!! They will be adored!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lizzy Hill said...

Ach! I wrote & it’s disappeared:(... I WAS saying how this is EXACTLY what I would do - love how you’ve made them your own... clever, CLEVER & totally brill up cycling... clapping wildly here!!! Go Yvonne:):)

StirYourCreativity said...

This is such a great idea of repurposing! I should also think about it.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are AWESOME!!! I love love love love that you re-purposed those items!!! They look FABULOUS!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

These are gorgeous! Great job repurposing them!

Audrey Pettit said...

Haha, omgosh I love this post! You make me laugh every time with your stories, and I LOVE how you repurpose and reuse! These cards are brilliant!

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

Super cute <3 Great job repurposing them!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It