Friday

Your weekend project: decorated box and gift bag (tutorial)


Decorated-box-and-gift-bag

How about decorating a sturdy box and gift bag this weekend? *winks*

[Apologies for the crappy photo...it's gloomy rainy season here in my part of the world, the Nikon is still at the doctor's (okay, I only brought it in last Friday) ...so the colours are a little off. ]

I started off with a sturdy cardboard box (Yep, I have 3 of these Google router boxes.. See the upcycled router box for my previous decorated box) and a floral printed paper bag from Crabtree & Evelyn. I really like the colours on the paper bag so I used those as the main colours for my decorated box and gift bag combo.

1. I selected a pink and gold-foiled patterned paper from a DCWV patterned paper stack and cut out 6 pieces for the box. After that, I cut out some to cover up the brand on the bag. I broke up the pattern on pattern overload with a mat of green cardstock. 

2. I ran the papers through my Xyron Creative Station for an even layer of adhesive. 

3. After that, I went in with my trusty hot glue gun and Maya Road pearl trim. This step is not difficult but just a little time-consuming....but so totally worth the effort!

4. Then comes my fave part - embellishing! I did take some time to choose my embellishments because I needed at least 2 of each to create a cohesive decorated box and gift bag combo.

5. I used the same elements on both the box and the bag but tweaked the arrangement a little.

6. I really liked how the set turned out - very pretty and girly.  I'm thinking the recipient will be pretty happy with them...even if there was nothing else in the box...*lol* Just kidding...of course, I would put some nice stuff in the box. 

P/s: Happy weekend friends! It's my sister's birthday on Sunday so you know I'll be cooking and baking because the Yams love a good celebration! I will share pictures next week (hopefully).


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

6 comments:

SD pooja said...

Yes it very girly ,pretty Beautiful ! Birthday wishes to your sister in Advance :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I love love love this! LOVING those colors!! And Happy Birthday to sis!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous gift bag, gorgeous box!! They are both so stunning!! The details are amazing!! Happy birthday to your sister!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Very pretty! Enjoy the birthday celebrating. Looking forward to seeing what you bake!

Mitralee said...

Oh so awesome!!! Please send some of your heat and rain our way. It's so cold here!!! Enjoy that cheese cake! HUGS!

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

amazing ! love every bit of it
cheers

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It