Wednesday

A fun decorated pallet for Maya Road (a tutorial)


Good-tidings-wall-hanging-by-Yvonne-Yam-for-Maya-Road

I have been having fun with these DIY wood pallets from Maya Road like this star one. :)


I started by painting it with my fave chalkboard paint. I usually resort to chalkboard paint when I'm lazy. It is essentially gesso coating and it looks good on porous surfaces such as wood. (If you are using regular acrylic paint, you should use a coat of gesso first to ensure the paint adheres to your surface.)


Once the paint was dry, I sanded it for a distressed look....especially the parts where the paint was applied unevenly...*winks*


Then I adhered the flat-back pearl trim to the edges. I've been using this on everything recently. *LOL*


I backed the mini embroidery hoop with a scrap piece of paper and added a sticker. Then I covered the whole thing with crackle accents. It usually takes a few days in my climate for it to cure fully and to see the crackles.


Once the top layer was dry, I added some glitter paint for a little sparkle.


Then it was time to embellish! I started with some white feathers for soft texture and interest.


Next I added my decorated embroidery hoop, a resin ribbon and a leather tassel.


Now I have a cute little wall hanging. :)

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

7 comments:

Hussena said...

OMG! That mini embroidery hoop is so DARN CUTE! Love it to bits. 😍
Your wood pallet looks so pretty! Thank you so much for the step by step tutorial.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! This is ADORABLE! I loveeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

So cute! I hadn't seen those shaped pallets before.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, it's so gorgeous!! I love the star pallet!! The colors are so beautiful!! As always, you decorated it perfectly!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lizzy Hill said...

That is truly truly beautiful.... putting my order in now, thank you!!!!

Sindhu said...

Beautiful....

Audrey Pettit said...

That is uhhhdorable!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It