Tuesday

A pretty clipboard cum chalkboard...:)


Chalkboard-fun

LESSology Challenge #58: Chalkboard Fun is all about playing with a real or faux chalkboard. I altered a clipboard with some chalkboard paint and pretty stuff. :)


I started with this old Typo clipboard that I've had for years and my fave Martha Stewart chalkboard paint. 


Next, I adhered this gorgeous lace with matte medium (you can use an adhesive of your choice).


Then I decorated the top of the clip with pretty stuff so that it looks lovely but still remains functional as a clipboard. Why yes...this project required TWO tassels instead of one. *winks*


Once that was done, I proceeded to write with a pastel pencil on my new clipboard cum chalkboard. It works like a piece of chalk minus the chalk dust.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

13 comments:

Shelly said...

This is soooo pretty!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh this is amazing! LOVING the colors, the lace and of course the tassels!!!!!!!!! :)

msmith434343 said...

Oh, my! That is so lovely! I just love it! That is one of my favorite colors and I never knew you could use it as chalkboard! Lovely!

Katy said...

Love this!! Its so pretty! :)

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the beautiful colors!! The lace and tassel are amazing!! What a stunning project this is!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

lavina agarwal said...

Wow it is gorgeous!

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW! This is ingenious, Yvonne! I love, LOVE the colors and how useful your work of art is. Thank you so much for showing us how you made it, too!

Lynn said...

I am blown away by this project! It's so pretty and very useful too. My brain got a charge from this idea. You are so clever. Thanks for sharing your product names too because I am definitely going to try to make this clipboard.

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

This is so lovely! This is perfect & beautifully made.

Mitralee said...

A two tassel project, rock on! Love that color! Such awesomeness!

Lisa said...

Well...this is beautiful! I never knew there was blue chalkboard paint! LOVE!!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a great idea, and how absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the blue chalkboard, and LOVE all the pretty lace and embellishments. I think this rocks with the two tassels! thanks for the tip on the pastel pencil, too. Didn't know they would work.

Cindy deRosier said...

It's gorgeous! And I love the idea of writing with a pastel pencil. Not only is there no dust, but it's so much easier to write neatly than with a stick of chalk.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It