Friday

The allure of mixed media....



About a year ago, I embarked on a journey to get more out of my art supplies...learning the strengths and weaknesses of each medium, how each medium worked on its own and how they work with other mediums. The allure of mixed media is that it allows you to take advantage of the special qualities of each medium and come up with a total that is greater than all its parts. :)

I did end up adding more art supplies to my collection *winks* but it has been an interesting experience that included learning how to draw and paint faces.


I fell hard for watersoluble coloured pencils...particularly those by Caran d'Ache. [The Swiss brand makes excellent products...]


And of course, watercolours... for the transparency and luminosity of colours. *sigh* Who wants to see my watercolour collection? [The palette pictured is my travel kit...*LOL*]

P/s: Happy weekend friends! I'm looking forward to welcoming May with open arms since I've been under the weather for most of April.

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well :( I loveeeeeeeee your art ... you are simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

I have SO enjoyed your mixed media journey, my friend! Love your ladies more than I can say! They are always so beautiful, and your eyes are just incredible. I feel like I could fall into their depths!
So sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Hope May is much better to you!

SD pooja said...

You not feeling well ? thats the reason for blog being not much active as it would be ! Wishing you may full of high spirits n health :) I too enjoyed your mixed media journey and got to know more about various supplies ! Btw the watercolor eye is AMAZING !! so realistic :)

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE that watercolor eye. So beautiful. I really enjoy learning more about mixed media products through your blog.

Erum Tasneem said...

I hope you are getting better now Y! Sending lots of hugs! LOVE your art.

dstandard said...

Feel better soon! Love seeing your mixed media and your ladies are so inspiring!

Suman Pandit said...

Hope you feel better Yvonne, its been same for me in April !! Love the beautiful faces , the eyes are mesmerizing !!

Lisa said...

I hope you are feeling much better, my friend. That watercolored eye is absolutely amazing!! Wow!! The face is gorgeous, too!! Feel better soon and have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lizzyc said...

Oh I think most of us are having a wonderful romance with mixed media! The possibilities for creativity are infinite!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It