Thursday

The decorated biscuit tin


Decorated biscuit tin

A couple of weeks ago, I did a batch spray-painting of found stuff (to minimize clean-up)...including this lovely Harrods biscuit tin. Which looked pretty good as is but how can I resist not "decorating" it, right? *winks*


After a coat of gold spray paint, I covered it with remnant lace fabric...I love the gold bits peeking out through the lace. I added some washi tape along the edges which served as a great decorative border but really is to prevent the gold paint from chipping off with repeated openings of the lid of the box.


I finished off my decorated biscuit tin with Maya Road embellishments. For now, it is storing all my diecuts...until it needs to be a gift box for somebody.:)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

7 comments:

SD pooja said...

Its Beautiful !!

Lynn said...

I just found two great cookie tins (long rectangle ones) in my messy pantry so I was elated to see your post. As soon as all the holiday stuff are done I plan to make a pretty gift box for my sister. Thank you for the great inspiration.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, it's stunning!! I love, love the beautiful fabric you covered it with!! The embellies are perfect!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karon said...

Who would have thought an old biscuit tin could look so beautiful! Fabulous!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a great looking tin! Love the gold and all the elegant lace, and I love how the embellishments are on the side! So different and unique! Love the washi tape on the lid edges, too. That adds a touch of fun into the mix!

Cindy deRosier said...

Very pretty! I have such a hard time getting rid of containers like that because they are so good for repurposing, as you constantly prove!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It