Tuesday

Join me for afternoon tea...:)


Come-join-me-for-afternoon-tea6

I was greatly inspired by the turn-down service at a recent hotel stay that reinforced the idea of rejuvenation and decided to use that as inspiration for my project for LESSology Challenge #62: Handmade invitation.

The idea is simple - a little gift of tea bags as a trailer for a splendid afternoon tea [you know, linked to my latest baking obsession *winks*]. :)


I started with one of those translucent packaging boxes for markers that I thought would be great for a peek-a-boo decorative effect for a decorated box. I chose a double-sided patterned paper from Simple Stories with neutral and pastel tones, cut it to size and ran it through my Xyron Creative Station for an even layer of adhesive. Then I adhered it to my box, leaving the front and side panels as is.


I wanted to use the original flap enclosure so I decorated a large bottle cap from Maya Road as the base for my decorative cluster. 


To add a little more interest and texture, I adhered some lace from an old bra to the flap of the box. Matte medium is my adhesive of choice for this because it dries clear and is not sticky to work with. 


Once that was dry, I adhered my bottle cap embellishment cluster to the front flap with Ranger Glossy Accents. It took a while to dry but that bottle cap is not going anywhere! *LOL*


To reinforce the theme of afternoon tea, I enclosed a package of tea bags, wrapped in brown paper packaging tied up with string. The details for the afternoon tea are written at the back of the tag. 


The whole package fits nicely in my decorated box. It would be a lovely  gift to a dear friend inviting her for a delightful afternoon tea. [And yes, I was watching some British baking shows...hence, the "splendid" and "delightful" afternoon tea...*LOL*].


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

6 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

love the whole idea Yvonne..esp with the added interest of your baked goodies !!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is amazing! What a great idea! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ohmyword, this is sooooo gorgeous, Yvonne! I love fancy packaging, and love peekaboo packages, too, so you have combined two of my favorites! That big bottle cap is so fun and so perfect. And I adore the paper and lace! Just beautiful!
Sorry I've been MIA this week.... My computer is in the shop, and I'm a bit helpless without it. 😜

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love the packaging!! You decorated it so beautifully!! What a perfect invite this is!! Love it my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Lovely! Such a great idea for an invitation!

Mitralee said...

You know, at some point we'll have tea. I am promising myself that right this minute. How fun would that be? LOVE your little tea present here! Super cool! Nice upcycling of that rock star clea box! And yes, that bottle cap...so epic!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It