Tuesday

The mixed media canvas that was in the half-done pile for a while...


Mixed-media-canvas-with-tassel-for-LESSology

Have you had projects that were almost done but not quite yet...and drove you crazy because you couldn't figure out what was the missing piece? Well, this was one of mine.


I started with remnant pieces of lace which I adhered onto the canvas. Then I added the blooms - a mix of resin and paper ones - and leaves before adding a gesso wash all over. Once that was dry, I went in with mists.


 That was when I got stuck. I added the chipboard lattice which was perfect to "frame" something....but I couldn't find a photo that look right with all the flowers and leaves.  [Urgh! It was super frustrating to have a half-done project mocking at me every time I walked past! *LOL*]

Months later, when reorganizing my art supplies, I found this Blue Fern Studios patterned paper that seemed to work.


I distressed the edges and added more blooms, leaves and pearls around it to create a coherent feel. I also added a tassel for extra texture and a feminine feel. So, it took a while to get here but I'm glad I didn't give up on this project. I think it turned out rather pretty.

What about you? Do you have a half-done pile like me?

P/s: This project was created for LESSology Challenge #55: Pretty Tassels.

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

16 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I have had a mini album sitting on my desk for the past two weeks, cause I haven't had the time to finish it! So frustrating! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this!! You always rock the pearls and flowers!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a beauty it has turned out in the end!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Annette Allen said...

wow totally fabulous.. loving all those flowers and the purple is perfect.. awesome designing

Radhika said...

wow awesome

Shelly said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The flowers look amazing!! Wow!! Love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Juhi said...

I have loads of half finished projects :), yours turned out beautifully!

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

I dont what I will do with my half done projects but your surely turned out stunning!

Lynn said...

Oh yes,yes, YES!!!! That is the right image to put in the frame. It was meant to be; I guess it was just waiting for you to find it. I sometimes leave projects on the side to finish later, but usually I can't stop thinking about them until they're done. It is often a very time consuming and frustrating hunt....guess I should organize my craft area better. LOL!

Mitralee said...

oh yes, I have a half done closet to be exact! Love how this turned out, kinda figured when I saw the tassel it might be for LESSology! Love that you described your process...love how the flowers go in a bit of a wave! hugs!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! And yes, I almost always have a half-done project (or two... or three...) waiting for inspiration to hit.

Vasundhara Agarwal said...

So beautiful! love the colours and all the flowers are just so pretty

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow! Amazing art canvas, Yvonne! I LOVE all the blooms and LOVE the color! Looks like an enchanted garden, and the lattice piece and vintage image you ended up finding are the perfect fit!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous Canvas Yvonne!
Love the blooms and the lovely feminine colors!
Thanks~

Karon said...

OMG wow!! What an amazing canvas. I adore those flowers and that final vintage picture finished it off perfectly! TFS

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so fabulous, I love the colors.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It