Tuesday

Paint + mists + gesso = hope for the best.... *winks*


Blend-in...

This was one of those art journal pages where I really "threw" paint + mists + gesso = hope for the best. *winks*


I started by spreading paint with an old credit card. When that dried, I went in with a stencil and mists. Next, I added a layer of super heavy gesso with another stencil for texture, The round white spots were added when I decided to clean my gesso-covered fingers on my pages. *LOL*


Of course, after all the paint-throwing, my journal pages were lacking a focal point. Given my recent obsession with faces, you know I just had to add one in right? I boldly went in with a black acrylic paint marker and then added highlights with a white acrylic paint marker.


I love that she blends in with the background and her features still stand out. What do you think?


Playing along with ARTastic Challenge.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhh - this is INCREDIBLY FUN Yvonne. I love it. Just so free and bright but it still makes a statement. Your gal is so GREAT. SUPER yummy. j.

Suman Pandit said...

bold and beautiful !!!

Lizzy Hill said...

STUNNING.... you can do it again and again like this and I'll be happy!! I LOVE her:) Absolutely genius is what I say :)

Lizzyc said...

I think this looks amazing, just love all the texture and color and her face is beautiful.. love her eyes and those gorgeous lips!

Sathya said...

Oh yeah... She stands out so boldly against the bg!!!! Love it !

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You throw and it worked!!!! :) I loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!! So artistic and beautiful!! Wow!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

It's fantastic!

Annette Allen said...

WOW this is outstanding.. love all that texture you added.

Dolly B said...

Wow love this. Very creative and arty. You are very talented
Thank you for sharing with us at ARTastic
Mary

Unknown said...

WOW. I just love everything about this page. Just stunning. Thank you so much for joining us and hope you will join us again next month. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgosh! Amazing! So abstract and SO beautiful!!

sue said...

WOW!!! Stunning!! Amazing!! Love it!! Thanks for joining our challenge at ARTastic :)

Angelika said...

That is SO COOL! thanks for creating with us at ARTastic!

Tone K. said...

Cooooool page/AJ! :)
I love the background and the face !! Really great ! :)
Thanks for joining us at ARTastic ! :)

Jane said...

Well how very cool is this !! Love your random use of paint - it all works so well :). Many thanks for joining in with us on ARTastic this month.

Helene Bogren said...

Awesome!! Thanks for playing along at ARTastic!

Caz said...

Looks fab! I love her lips! I'm too scared to just hope for the best, I need to relax a little I think!

Anna Uhras said...

Yvonne!! This is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!! Can't find a better word!! LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing with us at ARTastic!! Anna xo

CraftyKat said...

This is amazing. I love your approach to art. Thanks for playing along with our ARTastic challenge.

Karon said...

Fabulous journal pages - love the image that still stands out! TFS

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It