Thursday

Upcycled gift-wrap (a tutorial)


Upcycled-giftwrap

I've always been a sucker for pretty packaging.
_____________________

"Does it come in that box? " I asked excitedly.
"Yes. It's a limited edition...check out this beautiful clasp. There are drawers here and there's this ..." replied the salesperson.
_____________________

You know he has me....hook line, and sinker. Holiday shopping is especially perilous since it's designed to entice weak-willed souls like me. Who can resist all the pretty packaging right? *winks*


But wait.
I can make packaging pretty. And one-of-a-kind is limited edition right? *high fives all around*



I started with this sturdy Kikki K box and some DCWV patterned paper.


After a little measuring and cutting, I run the patterned paper through my Xyron 9" Creative Station for an even layer of adhesive.


Next I adhered lace to the box with some matte gel medium. Matte gel medium usually dries clear but this patterned paper was coated with a sheen finish so I could see the adhesive marks even after it dried.


So I went in with some Golden Glass Bead Gel to "cover up" the adhesive marks. And I loved the end result because it added a subtle glitter effect. :)


The last step was to embellish! My mum's friend passed me a ton of this purple tulle and the silk flowers were old napkin holders.


I loved how this turned out.


It was perfect for some cute stuff I bought for my mum's friend who's expecting a baby girl.:)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

12 comments:

Annette Allen said...

totally gorgeous..

Cindy deRosier said...

It's beautiful! Do you have a hard time giving your lovely packaging to just anyone? In other words, do only people who would appreciate your work get your handmade stuff?

TesaB said...

Soooo beautiful!!! Wonderful way to make someone happy! :)

Lisa said...

Oh wow, stunning!! I could just stare at it all day!! What an amazing package this is!! The recipient will adore it!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lizzy Hill said...

That is soooo pretty! I love the result and the 'happy' accident of the glass bead gel......REALLY lovely. Think I'd better get preggers and have a daughter. Choke in my cuppa!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am a sucker for that packaging too!!!!!! I love love love this! LOVING the flowers, the pearls and the lace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Such a sweet way to let someone know that they're special. It's gorgeous!

Suman Pandit said...

so gorgeous Yvonne !!

SD pooja said...

Beautiful..! I am sure the recipients will love the box even more than the gift inside !

I too have purple tulle..never used it !

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, oh, OH!! This is sooooooo gorgeous, Yvonne! So much prettier than any manufacturer packaging! I LOVE the lace and the tulle and the flowers! Love what you did with the pearl string! LOVE it all!

Lynn said...

That is a super gorgeous package! I know the recipient will keep it forever. We must be sisters from a different mother because I cannot resist pretty packaging and often will be more interested in the decorated box than the contents. LOL!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome work! Love this!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It