Friday

9 (more) ways to give a new lease of life to household items



A few weeks ago, I shared 9 ways to give a new lease of life to household items. How about 9 more ways to give a new lease of life to household items? You can so do these this weekend! *winks*

Mixed-media-canvas-with-old-computer-parts
Mixed media canvas with old computer parts

1. Make a one-of-a-kind mixed media canvas using old computer parts.

Altered-magnet
10 minute magnet

2. Update your fridge magnet with some pretty stuff from your stash!

Altered book cover  = photo stand
Altered book cover = photo stand
3. Decorate an old book cover and turn it into a photo stand.

Upcycled-tea-tin
Upcycled tea tin

4. Make an old tea tin look pretty.

Shine-tag
Cool use for a sock hanger
5. Use a sock hanger to hold up your mixed media tag.

Embossed-alcohol-ink-card
Don't throw away that soda can

6. Emboss a soda can panel for a cool metallic mat for your card.

Thank-u-CD-cover
CD cover gift box
7. Turn a CD box into a gift box.

Barely-there-project
An upcycled clock
8. Use an old glass clock as a "frame" for your photo.

Upcycled-gift-container-by-Yvonne-Yam-for-ColourArte
Upcycled gift container

9. Turn a cookie tin into a gift container for toiletries.

There you have it. 9 more ways to give a new lease of life to household items. Which one will you try? 


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

10 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

lovely ideas to up-cycle Yvonne, thanks for sharing !!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are simply amazing!!!!!!!!! I love these!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karon said...

These are such fabulous ideas and your upcycling is amazing!!!!! TFS and have a great weekend.

Audrey Pettit said...

You are just SO creative, my friend! I love your mixed media pieces and absolutely adore how you are able to incorporate so many "found" items in your art! Just brilliant!

SD pooja said...

Fantastic projects ,10 min magnet is my favorite !

Lizzy Hill said...

'MY' sock hanger is a star!!!! Actually, I've often been going to try the CD one...never have.....I have too many boxes sitting looking at me going 'pick me!' 'Pick MEEEEEEE!' in my stash.....love how you've given these bits a new life. Can't wait for the pans to get a going over!!

Annette Allen said...

your amazing.. i think you could make something pretty out of ANYTHING.. :)

Pawsitively Creative said...

Genius ways to upcycle and repurpose so many items! What a wonderful post and I thank you for sharing this. Awesome sauce! My fave is the CD!

Cindy deRosier said...

Fabulous! Most of my recycled creations are kids' crafts. :)

Lisa said...

These are all so gorgeous!! What fabulous recycle projects!! I have a cabinet full of stuff I want to upcycle and I just don't seem to get around to it...you've inspired me!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It