Wednesday

Thanks Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine!


Card-for-Paper-Crafts-blog-hop

As you may have heard, Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine is shutting its doors. :( A group of published paper crafters and manufacturers are participating in an epic blog hop to say thanks and bid adieu to the magazine.


I still remember the excitement of receiving the acceptance email from the editor Susan R Opel about my card being published...because I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have made it on my first try.


Here is the card. Bet you can't tell I made this card right? Haha...I spent hours poring over a Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine to "determine" what kind of card I should make to increase my chances of being published. *winks*

That was 2011. And this is 2014. Totally different eh? *LOL*



If you want to be inspired by a huge group of paper crafters, please check out the following links for the cards made to thank the editorial group behind the magazine.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

20 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Holy wow!! I am loving your card ... all those flowers are beautiful!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

OH, your card is gorgeous, Yvonne! So, so stunning! I absolutely love the mix of flowers and leaves, and the wonky stitching adds SUCH an amazing shabby chic touch. Jaw dropping!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Fabulous card!

Laurel said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous card... love it

Hussena said...

What a beautiful card Yvonne and you know you are right, when I saw the baby card as I scrolled down your post ..I honestly didn't realize it was made by you ..your crafting style has evolved so much since your publication :)But I totally loved that card too :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Yvonne Love the flowers and colors!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous cards Yvonne...such a change in your style.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, what a gorgeous card!! It's like a mixed media canvas on a card!! I love the beautiful flowers and details!! Your baby card is so sweet, too!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lizzy Hill said...

Another one bites the dust...sooo sad. Your style has changed. SLIGHTLY!! LOL:) I remember getting published the 1st time - exciting, eh? Must admit. Your 'now' card....really floats this boat....seem to recall that edging ribbon....looks BRILL!!!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card! Love your first pub, too!

Cindy deRosier said...

Quite a difference in your style then and now!

Judy said...

Very lovely card. I think your first card, baby buggy, was cute too. Thanks for sharing.

Karon said...

Gorgeous ! As always and so sorry to see another magazine - shutting down. I do not understand why this is happening, because all the crafters I know still want paper magazines - bet everything is either going digital or closing. So glad that you were able to share your amazing talent with them!

Radhika said...

Gorgeous card.. :)

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

I love it! Beautiful!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, this is so beautiful

dstandard said...

This is just gorgeous! Sooo pretty and love the white!

Deepti said...

Your card is such a beauty. its something that anyone who receives it will cherish forever !

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It