Tuesday

A Christmas wall hanging for Xyron...a tutorial


Christmas-wall-hanging-for-Xyron-by-Yvonne-Yam

Hello friends! Today I want to share an easy-to-do and lightweight wall hanging that you can add to a corner of your home for a little festive cheer! Read on for the tutorial. :)


I started off with this empty DVD container. The lid was covered with some MT washi tape.




Using a roll of washi tape as a template, I wrapped some Maya Road paper twine cording to form a wreath.


Then I glued my ribbon and the Santa ornament from last year's Christmas cake using the Teresa Collins Clear Hold Adhesive.


Next I punched some stars out of American Crafts glitter cardstock.


Then I ran the punched stars through the Xyron 3" Sticker Maker which I adhered to the paper twine cording.


I used my Crop-a-dile to punch two holes on the lid so that I can string the cords of stars.


I needed something to anchor the ends of the cords so I ran these festive leaves [thanks Mitra Pratt!] through the Xyron 3" Sticker Maker.


And adhered them to the ends of the cords.


I finished the project by adding some bling, Golden Gold Mica Flakes and colouring the washi tape with Wink of Stella brush in clear for a shimmering finish. :)




Share/Bookmark

Pin It

14 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Love it! Totally cute.

Karon said...

This is so adorable - I love the wreath! TFS

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME!!!!!

lavina agarwal said...

Wow that's a cute home decor for Christmas. .love it!

SD pooja said...

Its lovely..the wall hanging n tutorial both :)

Lynn said...

That's a cool recycled project. You are so creative and we are so lucky in blogland to get to see your brainiac ideas. Thanks!

~amy~ said...

Fun way to alter a DVD!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are AMAZING!!! WOW WOW WOW!! Pinning!!!!!!!!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

This is so fun and creative Yvonne!

Annette Allen said...

WOW great designing.. this is awesome..

Lisa said...

This is so creative and fabulous!! I love the wreath and the Santa!! The strings of stars are gorgeous!! Love this - so festive and fun!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome project Yvonne! I always love your repurposing ideas!!

Audrey Pettit said...

How cute!! What a fun wall hanging, Yvonne! So festive! Love Santa nestled in that wreath, and love the hanging tails, too. Just makes me smile!

Deepti said...

This is awesome :) u r so creative !

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It