Thursday

A Christmas gift box using a packaging box and Christmas cake decorations for Xyron.


Upcycled-Christmas-gift-box-for-Xyron-by-Yvonne-Yam

One of the best things about the holiday season is the gift-giving. I love the sheer delight on the recipient's face when they receive a Christmas present. Today I'm sharing a simple gift-wrapping idea using a packaging box and decorations from last year's Christmas cake. Read on for the quick tutorial. :)


I started by measuring and cutting American Crafts glitter cardstock to fit the top and bottom of the Clinique packaging box. The pieces were then ran through the Xyron 9" Creative Station for an even application of adhesive.


Next I gathered my embellishments from last year's Christmas cake along with some gauze and adhered to the box with Xyron/Teresa Collins Clear Hold Adhesive.


Can you tell that the gauze is supposed to be snow? *winks*


Of course, it wasn't glittery enough so I had to add some Golden gold mica flakes! *LOL*




Share/Bookmark

Pin It

18 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Look at that! A bit of glitter, a few simple embellies & Voila! Total transformation.....looking good:):)

Lynn said...

Great recycling project! I love it when what was saved from a previous Xmas is used cleverly for the next one. I am eyeing some tiered boxes from last year's gifts right now and trying to deciding how to use them. Thanks for your inspiration.

Tone-Lill said...

Brilliant idea... I love the last years cake embellishments and the cheescloth makes wonderful snow :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh I love love love this! LOVING the deer and the vintage sign!!!!!

Radhika said...

oh so lovely.. Beautiful box.. :)

Lisa said...

Oh wow, what a gorgeous box this is!! It doesn't even need anything inside the box...it's a gift itself!! Love the deer and the snow!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Awesome transformation!

Heather (goldiecar) said...

Super Cute project!!

Annette Allen said...

so totally fabulous.. the perfect gift box..

Lizzyc said...

Brilliant and beautiful gift box!

Audrey Pettit said...

Christmas cake decorations...omgosh how genius! This is adorable, Yvonne! And I LOVE that glitter paper!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love it! That little deer is adorable.

~amy~ said...

so fun, glitter + a deer = ♡

alexandra s.m. said...

I've always been a big fan of your upcycling Yvonne ;)
Great box!!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty I love it !! I love the deer and I love the gold sign awesome

dstandard said...

What a wonderful gift box! Loving this!

Karon said...

Love it when you reuse a box! Love the embellishments! TFS

Deepti said...

Way to transform :) such a beauty !

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It