Hello friends! This month, the team at Xyron got to play with some Paper Smooches stamps. Love the We Totally Click stamp set! I made a two-way board - a pin board cum chalkboard! Read on for a quick tutorial. :)
1. I started with a piece of hard packaging foam [from a power adaptor purchase] and denim [from an old jumper].
2. Cut denim to wrap around foam, then stamp Paper Smooches We Totally Click images all over using StazOn ink. [An alternative is to use fabric ink because StazOn will stain your stamps.]
3. Run the stamped fabric through the Xyron 9" Creative Station for an even application of adhesive.
4. Wrap fabric around foam.
1. Start with a piece of plywood [mine measures approximately 9x12 inches].
2. Then apply gesso and two coats of chalkboard paint. Allow 1 hour between coats and 24 hours for it to cure before writing on board.
3. Use chalk or a chalk pencil [I used Faber Castell PITT pastel.]to write your message on one side of the board. You can use a wet rag to erase mistakes or spray a fixative if you want your design to be permanent.
4. Glue the foam to the chalkboard.
Add your photos with push pins and you are all done! :)
What do you think?
P/s: Don't forget to stop by the Xyron blog for your chance to win some Xyron and Paper Smooches goodies!