Thursday

An upcycled X'mas tea box with Xyron and Doodlebug Designs products!


Upcycled-X'mas-box

Hello friends! This week Xyron is teaming up Doodlebug Designs for an inspirational week of projects and prizes! :)


I started with a tea box. [Seriously, I upcycle them as fast as I can but my parents seem to go through tea and coffee at an alarming rate...*winks*]


I measured the sides of the box, then cut the Doodlebug Designs Home for the Holidays patterned papers accordingly. Then I put them through the Xyron 5" Creative Station for an even distribution of permanent adhesive.


The papers are then adhered to the box. I alternated with strips of cardstock to break up the patterns.


I added some Doodlebug Designs washi tape and sticker to the lid. The banner is an SRM sticker.


I added some Doodlebug Designs stickers to a large Maya Road bottle cap.


Some tulle was wrapped around the box and then I hot-glued the bottle cap and tulle. I also added a paper bow.


There you have it, a fun little gift box to store your present!  What do you think?

Don't forget to check out the rest of the design team projects and leave a comment at Xyron to win some goodies!


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

27 comments:

Laurel said...

Absolutely adorable!

Suman Pandit said...

Vibrant colors of the season...love that bottlecap and tulle !!

Shylaashree said...

wondering how only you could everything in minutes :)

Lynn said...

Your recycling projects really make me happy because I hate it when anyone throws away a perfectly good container. What I really love is that you turn the containers into something that everyone would keep or at least pass on. Thanks for saving the environment tin by tin.

Lizzy Hill said...

Really neat up cycle ..loving the srm banner & the doodle add ons - looks fab:):)

katslittlepassion said...

this is wonderful!! love that you mixed the patterns and santa is so cute!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love that bottle cap detail! So much fun :)

SD pooja said...

The tin had some lovely picture earlier..but you have turned it into a fabulous gift box,loved the pattern paper n the bottle cap with tulle is WOW !!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! This is gorgeous Yvonne!! I love love love love the papers you used and LOVING the bottle cap addition!!!!!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love it and that doodlebug collection of papers.

Cindy deRosier said...

It's so cute! I love the bow and the bottlecap is the perfect touch.

Ashley Horton said...

Adorable Yvonne!! Great upcycled project!!

Katia said...

really lovely!

Katia said...

really lovely!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is fabulous!! I love those papers and the adorable Santa!! The bow looks amazing!! Another gorgeous project my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Annette Allen said...

WHAT this is awesome.. you always have the best ideas.. thanks for the inspiration.

Ella Swan said...

Aaah you make me feel guilty seeing you already making such pretty Christmas things!! Good thing your folks go through so many beverages you'll never be short of a container :)

Karon said...

This is fabulous - I love the papers and the tulle! TFS

Lynnda said...

This is cuteness!! Love the bottle cap and that bow! Gorgeous combo !! Love it hugs x

Audrey Pettit said...

Holy Cow! This is the cutest recycled tea box EVAH!!

Chantalle said...

How awesome - I want to do this right now!

chillin with Quillin said...

your recycling is awesome, love it !!!!
Paula

Rose said...

you my friend are the upcycled QUEEN!!! :)

MirjamC said...

Love t!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a fabulous upcycle and sweet, little gift!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous treat box, I love it.

sandi said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is super cute!!!!!!! Love it to bits!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It