Monday

How to create a supply list for your creative project.



Growing-into-you-journal-page-by-Do-More-With-Less

A lot of you have been asking me about how I create the supply list for my creative projects. Here's a tutorial of how I do it using my latest journal page and Photoshop.




1. Start by opening a new file. Ensure that the new file is large enough to fit your photo plus text. You can crop it down later. If you like, you can also name your file.




2. Open your project photo. Unlock your photo layer. Click on the lock and drag it to the trash bin.




3. Use your MOVE tool to move your photo to your new file.




4. Select TEXT tool. You can also choose a colour for your text.




5. You can also choose your text font and size.




6. Type out your text. I start a new TEXT layer for each line [see right column]. You can use the MOVE tool to adjust your text to desired position.




7. Select BRUSH tool. You can adjust the brush size and hardness. When you start using the BRUSH tool, the layer must be rasterized so you can no longer edit the text.




8. Use your mouse [or tablet and pen] to start drawing your arrows. You can undo each step with Undo Brush Tool.




9. Once you are happy with your image, you can crop it to size with your CROP tool.




10. Resize your image and save. I usually save one version in .PSD [so that I can edit later] and another for web. 

There you have it, how to create a supply list for your creative project. :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

26 comments:

JulieJ said...

Love your journal page and the page you've had published in Scrap365.

Lizzy Hill said...

Awesome tut...such a shame I don't have Photoshop!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Very cool!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for this tutorial.I am new to photoshop and learning editing slowly.I love dthe idea of listing your supplies like this and I am so gonna use it .thanks to you.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the awesome tutorial!!! I love how you do your supply lists, so unique. This journal page is absolutely fabulous, too!!

sandi said...

Wonderful tutorial! <3 these pages to bits!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! Love those colors and the fabulous design.

Lizzy Hill said...

If you're coming to Sydney & you've a spare moment...let me know...would love to meet up if at all possible!!! We're not in Sydney, but about an hour north...not that far away to go in....:):))

Pooja said...

Thanks Yvonne for this detailed and step by step guide !

Denise van Deventer said...

Super tut!!! Thanks for sharing! ;-)

Ella Swan said...

Fabulous!! On my to do list!!! Thank you!!!!!

Hussena said...

What an amazing tutorial ...Thank you so much for sharing ...I have been wondering how you have been listing your supplies using photoshop ..this tute explains it so well :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow this is so cool! I love the bright colors and the placement of the photos, fabulous tutorial too!!! Thanks so much!

Annette Allen said...

I am always like WOW...hehe this really is WOW i love it.. popping color and always sweet photos..

Tone-Lill said...

Thank you so much for sharing how to do this. The tutorial is FAB!!! I don't have photo shop so this is now on my must have list lol ;)
Thanks again and Happy Scrap :)

Cindy deRosier said...

I don't have Photoshop either. I can do some of these things in Picasa, but there's definitely truth to the saying that you get what you pay for. ;)

Angi Barrs said...

I love this idea. I will be trying this out for sure!

alexandra s.m. said...

Pinning your Fabulous Tutorial Right NOW!!
Thank You so much Yvonne ;-))

Unknown said...

How amazing is that.. I am loving this page. Lots of wonderful color.

Hugs~

Audrey Pettit said...

Love it!

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW Yvonne! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!!!!

Poornima said...

Thats a well explained tute Yam..I too use photoshop to edit my images..thanks for sharing it !!

Rose said...

awesome!! i am still trying to figure out how to resize photos in PS! lol

Bhavana said...

thanks for sharing the tutorial good one..

Katy said...

Wow! This is awesome! Thank you! :)

Miae said...

Thanks Yvonne for the tut! I have PSE, not photoshop, but I think I can make it work, will have to give it a try!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It