Tuesday

Learn how to make punched paper blooms with Hussena Calcuttawala!



My lovely guest today is Hussena Calcuttawala of Quill and Punch Works. Hussena makes really pretty dimensional creations. I love that she makes her own embellishments from scratch and that she has mad quilling skills. Her projects show great detailed work and I love that she maximizes the use of her tools to create eye-catching one-of-a-kind creations. Today she shares a fabulous tutorial on making your own bloom with a flower punch. She's also hosting a challenge with a prize for one lucky player.

Let's admire her beautiful gallery!


Hi Everyone,
I am Hussena and I am from Kolkata ,India...I have been Blogging for a Year and a Half and My Journey has been a Wonderful One !! Not Only Have I made a Lot of Friends, But have learnt so Many New Craft Forms from each of the Blogs out There !! I truly believe that Blogging has been a great Tutor and My work reflects it !! I am so Grateful to Yvonne for Featuring Me in Her Blog ...Her blog was one of the Earliest Blog I had been Following and as all you Know She Loves to Share all Her tips and techniques for Scrap Booking and It has been so Helpful to Me and Many Others :).
Today,I am sharing with You all one of My all time Favourite techniques which I use  in almost all My Projects :) And that is "Making Flowers" using a Punch....And I have a Short Tutorial of the Same !! Hope you all Like it :)













My Challenge for You is to Make a Card /LO or Any Other Project  Using a "FLOWER" Made from "PUNCHES" ......It Can be any Type Of Flower as Long as a PUNCH is Involved in Making It ..Hope you all Will Participate in this Challenge :) ..Looking forward to Seeing your beautiful Creations 

And This is My Card based on the Flower I Made :-




The   Winner of the Challenge will Receive a Surprise Goodie bag from Me consisting of  Pattern Papers{ 6 * 6 } ,Cardstocks, Embellishements, Stickers ,And  Ribbons :)
___________________________________________________________
Ahhhh...definitely a fabulous technique to learn, especially if you love blooms! Ready to play along? Please share your newly created projects using a "flower" made from "punches" via Inlinkz [located at the end of the post]  by Friday 31 August.
As always, please leave a little love for my guest Hussena!

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

37 comments:

Miae said...

Wow, those flowers are beautiful! Thank you for sharing the tutorial Hussena!

Unknown said...

Wow Hussena...that flower is gorgeous.and congrats on your GDT post at Yvonne's.I am definitely going to make something for this challenge

Nielouphar (Neelu) said...

good to see you here Hussena! now I know how you make those gorgeous flowers :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Huseena!!!! So happy to see you here! And great challenge this time I will surely be able to play along!

Avni said...

Hey! This is awesome. You really deserve to be here. Thanks for the tutorial!

Tee said...

That is the prettiest bloom ever..and your card!! awesome!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Hussena! The detail is stunning, and the directions so clear :) Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Hussena! The detail is stunning, and the directions so clear :) Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Erum Tasneem said...

awesome tutorial Hussena!

Pritesh Dagur said...

That's SUCH A STUNNING creation! All inspired now to pick my punches up! Thanks for such a lovely tutorial Hussena :) And kudos Yvonne, for your great choice in Guest Designer :)

Indira Tanwar said...

Congrats for being featured here Hussena! I love these roses that you make. Thanks for sharing the tute. Will definitely try to join in!

farmhouse-story said...

such gorgeous flowers--thanks hussena!

Lynnda said...

wow those blooms are gorgeous!!! Very inspiring indeed Husena... thanks for sharing!!! hugs...xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Those flowers are just gorgeous!!! I need to try this!!!!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Thanks for the tutorial for these amazing roses!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Janice said...

Beautiful card and great tut on making the flowers. Will definitely have to try this. Congrats on guesting with Yvonne!

Audrey Pettit said...

Hussena's work is absolutely beautiful and I LOVE that she makes all her own embellishments! Fabulous challenge! Making blossoms is one of my own favorite techniques. :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! I loved seeing all the examples of her work. I especially love the quilled airplane!

Annette Allen said...

Hussena is so amazing...I adore her quilling...she is so talented...

Romina Nahata said...

Oh my ! Awsome ! Will surely try to join in !!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I've always wondered how these flowers are made!!! AWESOME:) Beautiful card!!! Gorgeous colors and patterns!! YOU ROCK:)

Unknown said...

What a great tutorial. Those flowers are awesome.. Thanks for sharing with us...

Hugs~

Debbie said...

Beautiful work Hussena! Thanks for sharing your tutorial.

Blossom inch said...

wow, those are nice flowers and very stunning card indeed.

Priya said...

OMG! What a fantastic tutorial.. so neat and detailed and a fab challenge.. I have to take out all the punches that I brought from India to take part in your challenge.. I have to try this!

Hussena said...

Thank you Ladies for all your lovely comments and encouragement :) i am so happy you all liked the tutorial :) and my work... And Thank you Yvonne for the lovely Intro and for the feature :)
Loads of love,
Hussena

Juhi said...

Those flowers are gorgeous Hussena, thanks so much for sharing the tutorial

Unknown said...

Great tutorial, Hussena! Can't wait to try it!

Ella Swan said...

Wow - beautiful!!

Alice said...

thanks for the tutorial, Hussena! such beautiful flowers!

Katy said...

Those flowers are awesome! I also love your quilled airplane card!! :)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Your flowers are so impressive!!! Each looks store bought. Oh gees, I don't know if I could get the same look, but I definitely want to try :>)

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

beautiful!!! Hussena months back ...when i fist started making my own paper flowers... your this very post on your blog was such a gr8 help...thanks fr the tute:) ...
plz tell how many entries are allowed per person...
Jaya

Benzi said...

Hussena, you make the most beautiful flowers and you've given a super tutorial for us. Thanks so much. Your cards are always beautifully done.

Priyanka Gupta said...

Thank you for this awesome challenge to both Yvonne and Hussena...I am just in time to submit my entry..:)

MEGHA said...

nice tutorial.i want to know your flower is of 7 petals or of 5 petal and what was size of punch.THANKS megha
http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

Shoma Beramji said...

what a lovely idea ..u inspired me for the next card..
Thanks
Shoma
Artbugindia

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It