Sunday

Challenge at Butterfly Crafts - book inspiration

Supplies: Patterned paper: Sassafras, Cardstock: DCWV(green), Stickers: American Crafts. Others: Cork paper, felt


The challenge over at Butterfly Crafts is to do a layout inspired by a book. My favourite book as a child was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. There was something decidedly magical about being beautiful and being loved by everyone (except the evil stepmother). Oh well, I'm a dreamer.

Anyway, I decided to use my treasured Sassafras paper (which I had been hoarding for a few months) for this LO. My nephew is at an age where he's fascinated by all living things and generally loves to spend time outdoors so I cut a silhouette from his photo and placed him in the midst of all the action. The animals were cut from the various Sassafras paper (hard, hard work!). The grass was cut from cardstock (Quickutz die). I used cork paper for the trunk of the tree and felt from Queen & Co for the leaves. The entire layout was first done on cardstock, then cut out and adhered onto clear acrylic (not apparent in photo because the LO was scanned).


Pin It

1 comments:

roxannen said...

Oh my, this is super cute! The cork paper was a great idea for the tree trunk, and the grass is cool!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It